Aikilife is the Canberra Dojo of Aikido Australia.
Whether you are a toddler, big kid, teenager, or adult, we offer great classes for you!
Aikido is a modern martial art based upon principles of non-aggression, non-resistance, and non-competitiveness. The philosophy of our training syllabus involves close integration of Taijutsu (empty handed body techniques) and Bukiwaza (weapons – sword & staff). More info…
Japanese classes teach children playground safety, early language skills, respect and confidence. Energetic games are balanced by creative Japanese activities. These classes address the development of the whole child; physical, social and intellectual, in one fun integrated program. More info…
What is Aikido?
To find out more detail about aikido, its history, its philosophy, its people… please take a look at our Association web site: Aikido Australia – the Takemusu Aiki Association.
In summary, Aikido is…
- A sophisticated art which relies on skill, not strength. Suitable for men, women, and children, regardless of age or physique
- A dynamic and integrated system of taijutsu (empty-hand), bokken (sword) and jo (staff) techniques
- Based on principles of harmony, respect and non-aggression, it teaches us about productive relationships and conflict resolution
- Graceful, precise and flowing, the techniques may be gentle and devastatingly effective
- Aikido is a way of life; encompassing mental concentration, spiritual development, exercise, balance, reflex action and etiquette
- Learnable today! Find us at upstairs at 3 Dundas Court, Phillip
Fun & Invigorating!